Thursday, July 01, 2010

Journal: June 12, 2010

Saturday

I have been undergoing some persecution for which I thank God. He commands us to “thank God in all circumstances” (I Thess. 5:18) and to give thanks for everything (Eph. 5:20). Though it is painful, I know I am blessed (Matt. 5:11-12). My Christian brothers came along side and defended me (verbally).

Thursday night chapel was a wonderful night of praise music and being able to reach out to men who are not saved. I am honored to be among these men, so steeped in sin and without hope, so that I might be just a little bit of light to them through Christ in me. This morning, the chaplain let me preach, so I chose Matthew 10:37-39, exhorting and pleading the men to surrender their loyalty, will, and life to Christ. There are those there who have made only a profession of faith, but need to surrender all. I was able to play the violin while a man sang “I Surrender All” in a very worshipful way. It was a blessed morning.

This afternoon, our Christian baseball team, “Redeemed Team,” lost our first game. I pitched, and poorly at that. Our attitudes were good and the other team, who were constantly heckling us, saw that. We lost, but are still redeemed; they won, but are lost. I believe we did play for the glory of God.

This evening, I and two brothers in Christ, had such sweet fellowship, we forgot we were in prison. WE talked of many Scriptures and had a good time in prayer at the end. Today was a blessed and wonderful day in Christ. God is doing wonderful things here in my life and the lives of these men who know Christ. Most all are like m, separated from their families, their children, wives, and parents. We always pray God’s protection and provision for our dear families. The men pray for my children and their mother.

Tomorrow, Lord willing, I will teach the advanced Greek class on the yard, then practice the violin in the afternoon and evening. It is a joy to see these men’s progress in Biblical Greek and how they can now open up the Greek New Testament and read a good deal of some of the passages.

Oh yes, I forgot about Rick, a younger brother hungry for the Word. He asked me to teach him how to study the Bible, so we sat on the yard and I started him in basic Bible study. He was very excited after the session! God is very kind to use a wretch like me.

May the Lord bless you all.

We learned today that a daughter (age 11) of one of the inmates in our block died recently of a lingering illness. He is very distraught and he is not a believer. Please pray for his comfort and salvation. His initials are TC. We are trying to minister to him as best we can.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home