Sunday, September 05, 2010

Journal: August 12, 2010

This is Thursday and the Lord has given a truly blessed day to me. After morning devotions and hearing Pastor MacArthur on the radio preaching about heaven, the Lord let us outside to the yard where many of the Spanish brothers were gathered. This is the group of men who are being discipled by brother Joseph Torres, an inmate who was a pastor in the L.A. area. I was allowed to preach to them so I taught on the doctrine of reconciliation for about an hour. Brother Torres translated. Then brother Damian taught on true Christianity as opposed to easy believeism. Thus, the whole mourning was saturated with the Word of God, and this is a gift form God because ewe might not have been able to come outside today at all. This evening at our evening yard devotional, brother Mario brought a strong message on the need to study to show oneself approved. There were about 18 men in attendance. Afterward, in the building, we had a prayer session during which we prayed for our wives (and former wives). Brother David S.’s wife is still with him, but brother Joseph’s and mine are not.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At Mon Nov 08, 11:46:00 AM PST, Anonymous Concerned Believer said...

David, Joseph Gary Torres was used powerfully by Satan to inflict pain and suffering upon those for whom Our Precious Savior died while he "pastored" our church. Please!...please keep other believers away from this predator. Do not be deceived by external appearances of humbleness and piety. May Our God grant you wisdom in your dealings with this man.

 
At Sat Dec 04, 05:09:00 PM PST, Blogger Unknown said...

I worked with Joe for many years and find him to be a loving and devoted man. It grieves my soul that he's in prison. I wrote to him for a while but am unable to continue because my husband doesn't agree with it. He told me he's innocent and I believe him. I know that other friends of ours don't believe it.

What I do know is that he's working to further the Gospel and that he's given up all his rights to his children by not saying he's guilty. I don't know the truth but God does. I'm not here to judge him but I praise God that he's ministering still.

 
At Thu Dec 23, 04:21:00 PM PST, Anonymous Concerned Believer said...

Ruth, You are right. You do NOT know the truth; but God has witnessed the atrocities that this wolf, Jose Torres, committed against Christ's Bride.The sins of some men remain hidden, and they will be revealed only in the final day of Judgment. I Tim 5:24. Just wait for that glorious day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home