Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Journal: July 4, 2010

Today, we were allowed outside and I was very grateful to the Lord. There was no chapel today so I met with the brothers to study some Greek, and later we had a nice time of prayer where we prayed for all our families. We shared how we used to spend the Fourth when in freedom. It brought back wonderful memories of taking my family to see fireworks and having backyard bar-b-ques. I was able to practice the violin this evening, working on the Bach Ciaconne. Our dinner consisted of a hotdog and a hamburger with some salad and cake. There was an All-Star softball game and I was selected to pitch but I wanted to help the guys with their Greek. WE will play again next week. I was able to counsel a Christian man who has been very discouraged over his life-sentence. The Lord gave me wisdom. One of my former students I translating my devotions (book) into German and Pastor Joseph (inmate) is translating it into Spanish.

Tonight I will try to see the Boston Pops on TV. I was greatly encouraged by reading George Muller’s autobiography, a commentary on Matthew by Ironside, and a book by John MacArthur called The Second Coming. Of course, I meet with the Lord in the Psalms. May the Lord bless you all.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home