Saturday, August 07, 2010

Journal: July 19, 2010

Friends, the Lord blessed me with two days of violin practice because the Rabbi assigned to our yard graciously allowed me to practice in the Chapel when he comes. I am preparing for a concert, possibly in August called “Bach to Beatles,” including other classical composers. Of course, you know what Beethoven is doing now….he’s “decomposing.” :-)

You may think it a small thing to play an instrument, but to do so in prison ins a major blessing from the Lord because it is uncommon (except for guitars). When I relate to you the things I get to do (visits, violin, preach the Word, etc.) I am really trying to give glory to God for His grace and blessing and mercy to me, so…to God be the glory!!

This evening, I received a nice letter from Germany, from Angela, a faithful former student who reminds me of Ruth in the Bible. She is very grown in the Lord and is concerned with bringing the Gospel to young people in different places in Europe. May the Lord bless you, Angela. She sent me some photos of a town I used to live in when my dad was stationed in Germany. Her family is also faithful to pray for my prison ministry. Pray for her family’s ministry in Oelde.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home